I am a girly girl by nature. I have always loved doing my hair, playing dress up, and sneaking into my mother’s bathroom to use her make up. As I got older, I’m still the same way! The only difference, I have my own make up and discovered what products work for me and which ones do not. I have so much makeup and so many different things I use it’s almost comical, but there are 5 staples I always have in my make up drawer that I could never live without.
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation – Fresh, light weight and covers amazingly. I prefer this over other mineral powders and I have tried them all! This is a must for me.
- NARS Laguna Bronzer – This is a staple for me. A good bronzer is key for a natural or sun kissed look and you never want to “go cheap” on a bronzer. Cheaper bronzers always tend to make you look more orange than tan.. I’ve maybe had some experience with this once in my life 😂! In my opinion, Laguna bronzer is the best bronzer I have ever tried and there really isn’t any comparison. If you prefer a different one, please let me know! For me, all roads lead back to NARS Laguna.
- Blush – I switch between colors during the seasons. When I’m tanner I go a bit darker vs going a bit lighter when my skin is pale during the winter. The two brands I love for blush is NARS and Benefit and sometimes Too Faced.
- Mascara – Every girl should have a good mascara in her make up bag. I use black but switch between the Bad Gal Lash by Benefit and the Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced. Sometimes I use them together or separately. I do experiment with other brands especially when you can get a mascara as a free sample, but I tend to gravitate more towards the two already mentioned above. If you have a favorite, please let me know!
- Eye Liner – Ever since I was little I always used the same brand. I’ve ventured out but honestly don’t even bother trying new brands because this just works and I love it. It’s by Lancome, Le Crayon Khol, Color: Black Ebony. It’s the best eyeliner. Ever.
- Lip Gloss – I also switch colors during the different seasons, and I always try new brands, but the brand I tend to go back to is NARS. I love their Orgasm, or Super Orgasm colors. Any brands you prefer?